Here at Edison Pope all our consultants adhere to a strict Safeguarding Policy and numerous staff members have undertaken and passed a Safer Recruitment Training course. We have a dedicated vetting and clearance team in place and are committed to the welfare of children and young people. We undertake vigorous checks for every member of teaching staff that we place into a temporary assignment, meaning that, the reality in practice is that NO staff are ever sent out to work without being fully cleared by our clearance / vetting team. We undertake to follow the most stringent code of practice when it comes to the safeguarding of children and young people and we follow statutory guidance as laid out by the department for education – click here.
These requirements are incorporated into our own recruitment policy and include the following vetting procedures as standard:-
- A registration interview with every single applicant
- Identity checks
- Proof of National Insurance Number
- Proof of Qualifications
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Overseas Police check (if applicable)
- List 99 check
- Confirmation of eligibility to work in the UK
- A minimum of 2 references
- Prohibition Check
- Medical / Occupational Heath Check – confirmation that each candidate is medically fit to work in an education setting
- Full employment history check – our consultants are trained to cover any gaps or discrepancies during the registration interview
During the registration process all candidates are fully interviewed to ensure both their suitability to work with children and young people and also within any given setting. During this interview process each and every candidate is given a copy of the Edison Pope Code of Conduct which outlines our expectations as an agency.
For further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 914 5738 and ask for the vetting manager.